Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Prayer of a Broken Heart

Dear God, Give me wisdom. Give me understanding. Give me hope. Give me peace. Please grant me the peace in this situation to navigate through this storm. Give me hope to hold on to, to help me believe this isn't forever. Give me understanding to know why this is happening. Give me wisdom to trust and hold on.

I'm hurting. I need peace during this hard time. Peace to make this terrible feeling go away. I need hope to guide me through. Sometimes I feel like happiness in my life is hopeless. I need understanding because I have no clue what's going on. I need wisdom to gain more understanding.

Lord, why did you let this happen? I thought so many good things were happening to me, and one of the things I care most about in life is gone. I don't understand, and I'm angry and heartbroken. I know I need to move on, but I don't have the strength. I don't understand. I'm so tired of not udnerstanding. I want my suffering to end. What did I do to deserve such painfull chastisment?

All I want to do for the rest of my life is sit here and feel sorry for myself. My voice betrays me. I'm afraid I'm losing it. I'm losing my voice. I'm losing my heart.

Dear God..... I..... I'm so tired of I......

No comments:

Post a Comment